Resolutions…

1 01 2011

What a great year! I have grown my business quite a bit this year, and I have to say I’m proud of myself. A few years back, I was off to a rough start with freelancing, but I was determined to make all the mistakes necessary before finding my way. I don’t do a lot of traditional marketing with postcards and cold calls. Looking back at my projects for the past year 98% of my business is referrals and word of mouth. The other 2% is from my web presence (which I must update immediately, I know, it’s one of my goals this year!) But don’t think that means that I haven’t done any marketing. I have been doing a lot of networking this year, and it has paid off. I’m still not where I want to be with my career, but I’m on my way. Lots of great goals to reach for in 2011!

Last year, I didn’t have any resolutions, I just wanted to grow my business. I have done that, but this year, my goals are more specific. To accomplish what I want to this year, I need to set realistic goals, and work towards them.

  • Update website (number one priority!)
  • Update blog, at least once a week
  • Outline my dream project and start it.
  • Illustrate a book cover
  • Network more with other creative professionals
  • Do more research on my ideal client & go get them!!
  • Do one drawing a day.

I think these are all achievable goals. They are things that I want to do, that I should be doing already.

I have highlighted the last goal: Do one drawing a day. Sometimes I get really caught up with my design work, that I don’t draw for days. I don’t feel like myself when I’m not drawing. It’s something that I need to do everyday. I have set aside a sketchbook for just this reason. I’m not giving myself any excuses. It doesn’t have to be an elaborate drawing, just 15 min will do. It’s one big goal disguised as many smaller goals.

I may need some help with motivation on this one, so feel free to ask me what I’ve drawn today!

Take a minute to think about your goals for the new year. What do you want to accomplish, and how will you get there? Good luck! And don’t be afraid to ask others for help and motivation!

Advertisements

Actions

Information

2 responses

3 01 2011
friendan

I’m, so proud of you, I look forward to helping you achieve your goals and watching you grow more as a person and as a wonderful business woman.

3 01 2011
Amber

I am also very proud of you! I will be bugging you as often as I think of it to remind you to get those sketches in, because it really helps to be held accountable. And you have truly supported me, and I thank you! So keep on drawing!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: